MAXX Medical Pet Clothing FAQ
Can dogs and cats tolerate the MAXX Pet Shirt?
- Yes, it has been proven dogs and cats can both tolerate the shirt. It’s the same as a ‘onesie’ or a suit, except that the MAXX Pet shirt is specifically designed for cats, dogs and rabbits. We recommend putting the medical shirt on your pet soon after the surgery or medical procedure. This gives the pet a warm and secure feeling. Pay special attention when a wound is irritating your pet, as they may try to scratch, lick and sometimes bite around the affected area.
How do cats use the litter box when wearing the MAXX Pet Shirt?
- The cat’s shirt has a larger tail opening at the rear so they can use the litter box without having to remove or open the shirt.
Why isn’t there an opening underneath the dog shirt for urination?
- MAXX Pet Shirt is designed to provide full protection. When dogs need to go to the toilet, owners can easily roll up the two straps on either side of the tail up the torso and put back on securely when coming back inside.
What is the use of an internal pocket in the medical pet clothing ?
- This is useful to insert gauze when there is excessive discharge from the wound, or prevent the wound from swelling by keeping an ice pack inside.
What if there is excessive discharge from the wounds after surgery, or the pet tends to keep licking the surgery wound even if covered?
- In the case of excessive licking by your pet or excessive discharge from the wound, we recommend insertion of gauze in the pocket to keep the wound dry as the shirt is double layered.
What is the benefit of a zipper on the shirt?
- This will enable the vet to check the wound easily without having to take the entire garment off. When closing the zip make sure that you place your finger beneath the ziplock to avoid entangling of hair in the zip.
Can the pets tear the garment apart or chew it?
- Unfortunately this can occasionally happen if the animal is irritated by the recovery suit, however the vast majority of animals adjust easily and quickly to the shirt. We recommend using positive reinforcement such as pats and treats.
Is the MAXX Pet Shirt machine washable?
- Yes, it is machine washable in cold water. Clients typically purchase two shirts so the pet is always covered - wash one wear one. To avoid damages to fabric, all the snaps should be done up before washing.
What is your warranty on MAXX products?
- We guarantee the manufacturing quality of our product and provide replacements for any manufacturing defects within 12 months of purchase, this warranty does not cover wear and tear.
Is it possible to exchange the suit if it does not fit?
- We offer an exchange or refund within 7 days of purchase provided the package has not been opened. This is for hygiene and quality assurance. The return shipping cost is to be paid by the customer.
If I change my mind about the suit after I purchase it, can I exchange it for a refund?
- If once you have bought the suit and you decide you have made a mistake, or you thought it was useful for a different purpose, we will issue you a refund minus 30% restocking fee. This is as per our policy.
How can I choose the right size for my patients or my pet?
- MAXX Pet Shirt is available in 11 sizes for dogs and 5 for cats to ensure a proper fit. To determine the correct size, please measure your furr baby as per the sizing instructions which is from the back of the neck to the base of the tail. If the sizing falls in between, it is recommended to select a larger size if your pet is bulky but a smaller size if your pet is on the slimmer side. The suit is meant to be worn snug, but not extremely tight.
What if my question isn't answered here?
- You can use the chat button on the bottom left of your screen to get in contact, we love answering your questions. Alternately you can email us email@example.com or use the form below.